Sunday, April 5, 2009

We found out some terrible news at our Ultrasound on March 23. Our son had anacephaly. It's a birth defect in which the brain and head do not form. We lost our son on March 27. It was a heartbreaking day for all of us. I wanted to share some special moments I photographed at his burial service on April 4, 2009. We had everyone release a white balloon. Each balloon had a poem and Ben's footprints on them. It was beautiful to watch the balloons take off and then land in the trees surrounding the cemetary!! We couldn't help but laugh!
I loved the cross that Aaron and I picked out from Charolette's flowers. They did a wonderful job with it. I went back today to get the butterfly (I wanted to keep it in his scrapbook)

Here we are getting the balloons before we started the service. Fr. Mike Freymuth and Sr. MaryAnn Fischer did a beautiful job with the service. The reading were very fitting. Although it was extremely sad, I felt peace as my whole family surrounded us and prayed with us. I know in my heart Ben is happy in heaven.

Here is the poem I read at the cemetary. I think it is beautiful!!

Whisper Goodbye
By: Linda Kane

Today, I was nestled, safe and warm
beneath your heart.
I was wrapped in a dream,
and surrounded by your love.

Then, like a rainbow that all
too quickly disappears,
I had to go, and I left behind
broken hearts and tears.

I know you will never hear
my footsteps down the hall.
But, listen with your heart
for my whispers in the wind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

Chris
chatterscene.com